Whether you are starting a new business or are just planning for the upcoming year for an existing business, one of the most crucial elements will be your marketing plan.
Regardless of how awesome and unique your product or service is, you will not be able to be profitable in your marketing efforts if you can’t effectively target and reach your prospective client base.
As one of the creative agencies in Fort Lauderdale, we have developed many different types of marketing plans and strategies for businesses of all types, sizes and at different stages of growth. We understand that a carefully researched, planned and executed marketing strategy is imperative to the success of any business that wants to grow.
The many successful Marketing campaigns we’ve developed and managed all consist of certain key elements which include the following list below.
Top 7 Key Elements For Creating an Effective Marketing Plan:
- Situation Analysis – You need to understand your industry’s current market landscape (competitors, target clients, business needs, etc.)
- Market Opportunity – In your marketing, what niche exists for you to tap into? What is your forecasted revenue? Can you build your company’s market share?
- Objectives – What goals is your company trying to achieve via its marketing efforts? Are you trying to grow market share, expand your reach into existing core customers, expand into new markets, increase your sales, or…?
- Messaging – You need to think through how your business is different and create statements which position your business in a unique way compared to your main competitors
- Marketing Strategies – What marketing channels and approach will you take to effectively achieve your objectives? For example: if one of your objectives is to expand into new markets, then a supporting strategy might be to run an email marketing campaign with a targeted, purchased list from an outside source that you have never marketed to previously.
- Marketing Tactics – You should strategize and choose the specific tactical actions you are going to take such as creating newly designed ads to appeal to certain target audiences. Whatever tactics you choose, make sure they are in line with your end objectives.
- Execution – In terms of planning, you need to assign a target completion as well as execution dates to each action item you have outlined and stick to them as closely as possible.
Overall, this may seem like a lot to do for an effective marketing plan, however, it is important to plan and execute with forethought, strategy and measurable goals so that you know whether or not your efforts are successful.
If you want to start on a new marketing plan for 2019, we would be happy to assist you with starting off on the right foot with a solid plan for a successful and profitable year.